Who is Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger?
Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger are two of the most successful investors in history. Buffet is the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a multinational conglomerate based in Omaha, Nebraska. Munger is the Vice Chairman and is known for his expertise in investing, economics, and psychology.
Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger first met in the late 1950s, when Buffet was working as a stockbroker and Munger was practicing law in Los Angeles. At the time, Buffet was looking for a new investment opportunity, and Munger recommended that he consider purchasing a textile company called Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet followed Munger’s advice and made a successful investment in Berkshire Hathaway, which eventually became the core of his investment empire. Over time, Buffet and Munger developed a close working relationship and friendship, and Munger eventually joined Buffet at Berkshire Hathaway as Vice Chairman. Today, Buffet and Munger are known as one of the most successful investor duos in history, and their partnership has played a key role in the success of Berkshire Hathaway.
Together, Buffet and Munger have built Berkshire Hathaway into one of the most successful and respected companies in the world.
Quotes from Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger
Here are the top 10 quotes from Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger:
- “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” – Warren Buffet
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffet
- “The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.” – Warren Buffet
- “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.” – Warren Buffet
- “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.” – Warren Buffet
- “It’s not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.” – Warren Buffet
- “The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.” – Charlie Munger
- “To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people.” – Charlie Munger
- “The best thing a human being can do is to help another human being know more.” – Charlie Munger
- “It’s not necessary to be a rocket scientist. Investment is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with the 130 IQ.” – Charlie Munger
In conclusion, Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger are well-known for their wit and wisdom, and their quotes are often cited as examples of their insights and perspective on investing and life. These quotes offer valuable insights and lessons for investors and non-investors alike, and are worth considering and reflecting upon.